Maybe it is because it is my husband’s favorite holiday. Maybe it is because fall birthday anticipation is ramping up. Maybe it is the irresistible draw of beautiful autumn leaves. But fall and Halloween is almost as big as Christmas around here…almost! The kids have been caterpillar hunting, jumping in leaves, making scarecrows, dressing spoooooooky just for the fun of it, watching scary movies, reading Halloweeny books, and eating favorite fun fall foods. Here is a smorgasboard of pics to feast on.
What happens when you let a little girl spend her allowance on anything she wants? She buys vampire blood. Add to that a little of mommy’s eyeliner pencil and you’ve got fresh new Frankensteins. This book has been Lily’s favorite read over fall break. Who knew my little girl would like such a classic, yet dark story? Hmmm…she must take after her dad!
We’ve been having some fun with food around here. PB & J is standard fare. How to make it interesting? Pumpkin cookie cutters and a little carving work. The kids loved it! Feel free to steal this one!
Schoolish things? Always! But on their own time and in their own way.
Picture Books being read:
- Halloween Hats
- There Are Monster’s Everywhere
- There’s a Nightmare in My Closet
- Goodnight Goon
- Woo the Not so Scary Ghost
- Berenstain Bears and the Prized Pumpkin
- Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat
Chapter Books being read:
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
- Bunnicula series
- R.L. Stine’s Mostly Ghostly series and Rotten School series
Movies being watched:
- The Addam’s Family (You can get the whole series on Netflix! Also most hummed tune around here.)
- Casper (movies and old cartoons)
- Phineas-n- Ferbenstein
- Dora’s Spooktacular Halloween Boonanza
- Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween